Re: Any new thoughts on the large hangar

Message posted by greatguess on December 08, 2009 at 15:42:36 PST:

yes. if you spend a lot of time really studying the images you can learn a LOT about the size, shape, and number of test vehicles planned. i have some images that i have created in sketchup that puts my thoughts down. my guess is that it is a large UAV that looks sort of like a scaled down B2 - probably by Northrop Grumman. One of the drawbacks of the B2 is the enourmous amount of time the crew has to spend to fly halfway around the world to drop it's weapons. Based on the sat picture from last summer it should already be there and under test - at least one of the two i predict are planned. if you study the image you can see that they are building a second engine run pad to the south of the hangar which looks a bit like an afterthought; it doesn't even have taxi lines to it in the image. door height would also indicate a tailless vehicle of some sort with a very B2 like aspect ratio. from the "new" pad south of the hangar you can almost exactly predict the gear footprint - again very scaled down B2 like. if you do away with all the human creature support systems because it is a UAV it might have nearly the payload of a B-2A. just ideas - everybody now needs to tell me the flaws in my thinking. don't just look at the sat image from last summer; look at the older stuff where you can see the construction of the hangar before the walls and roof were put on; lot's of important data there as well.

In Reply to: Any new thoughts on the large hangar posted by Robert on December 08, 2009 at 14:47:53 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]