OT: A way to support our Troops

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on November 15, 2009 at 10:41:19 PST:

I have not used my home field advantage on this board very often, but this is one of those rare occasions where I do, because it is an issue of great importance to me.

As some of you may know, my step son, John (aka JJ) is currently on a seven month tour in Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan as a dog handler with the U.S. Army. He has completed a seven month tour in Iraq, and his wife Elma is finishing a 15 month tour in Iraq. We worry about them every day, but we are very proud of their commitment to serving their country. They both re-enlisted last week for 6 more years.

I wanted to share with you the attached link to their "Camp Mad Dog" web site. John has asked us to send some goodies for the Holidays that are hard to come by over there. Not for himself, but for the 26 soldiers he is responsible for, and for their dogs. If you have been looking to support our troops, please take a look at the attached web site. A link for PayPal donations as well as a mailing address to send packages directly to John is included.

Thank you all for your support. We would also like to say "Thank You!" to our friends in Rachel who have helped out, especially to Penny Clabaugh for putting together the web site, and for organizing the donations.

Attached link: Camp Mad Dog

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]