Re: Not a crime? THINK AGAIN

Message posted by CFL2009 on October 22, 2009 at 7:08:51 PST:

If you go back and read the US Code (see the link below), it even illegal to possess a sketch of anything related to national defense. According to what I'm reading in the actual code, it doesn't matter where the camera is located. Think about some of the terrorists they've picked up recently and they claim they have maps and photos of military installations, and then prosecute them for it according to this US Code.

The law was written to intentionally cast a wide net where the government can interpret where they see fit, and prosecute people if they choose. I mean look at the front page of this website, there is a clear telephoto shot of buildings at Groom with the word, "Classified" right across the picture. I don't know if the owners of this site have gotten any legal warnings from "concerned public servants" but the amount of detail here is valuable intelligence. Many have given their lives to protect the secrets we have, so how does this web site get away with it while shooting down people with their hairbrained schemes for getting into the base?
So why does the government allow this to continue? It's so they have more evidence against people they want to go after. It's classic counterintell...make it easy to show and detect that people have an expressed interest in breaking the law and then nail them when they cross the line. Then they bring out all the "easy to get" evidence like photos of a military base from a website and they have a mountain of evidence for an easy prosecution.

Does anyone really think the contents of this website are legal according to the law? And if so, why?

Attached link: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/37/793

In Reply to: Re: Not a crime? THINK AGAIN posted by Ron on October 22, 2009 at 6:44:01 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]