Roadrunners Event at the Test Site Museum

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on October 07, 2009 at 18:03:12 PST:

I just got back home from the first of two days of the event. The turnout was phenomenal, and there was standing room only for Peter Merlin's Area 51 History presentation. I had to leave early because of a bad cold with high fever, but I had the opportunity to meet some of our forum members and long time contributors in person. I thoroughly enjoyed that opportunity, and I apologize to all those who were there that I did not get to meet in person. The many displays on Area 51 and its fascinating history are a must-see for anyone interested in the subject. And I can assure you, there are no Men in Black collecting your photos and DNA, or spreadind disinformation. Geez, how does anyone come up with this nonsense? What you have there are a number of older gentlemen who now, finally, can proudly tell the public what they did back then, when even their wives had not the slightest idea what their husbands did all week, or even where they worked.

Anyway, if you can, use your chance all day tomorrow. Sadly, there may not be too many opportunities left for these gentlemen to tell their fascinating stories. The attached link to the museum's web site has directions and more information on the event. I'll try to be there for a little while in my lunch break tomorrow, if my work permits. For those who make last minute decisions, there is a panel discussion tonight from 6:00pm until around 9:00pm, moderated by Channel 8's famous investigative reporter George Knapp.

I did not get a chance to take photos. Any of our readers who took photos today, please email them to webmaster@dreamlandresort.com to be posted on this site.

Attached link: The Atomic Testing Museum

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]