Please help with Ikonos satellite imagery of Area 51

Message posted by Olaf from Germany on October 14, 2001 at 9:07:46 PST:

Hi everyone,

first of all let me tell you have thankful I am that I have found a discussion
board about Area 51 at last where I might get an answer to my question.

By the way: I am from Germany and I apologize for any grammatical or vocabular mistakes I make
when posting to this borad. I will try my best to at least make myself understandable to you; 5
years school English and 6 trips to GB and the U.S. should help here ;-).

Now to my question:

About a year ago I downloaded about 20 to 25 high resolution satellite pics from the following
They offer a never before seen detailed view of the base along with some interesting information
that is provided by the author of that website.

6 weeks ago I lost all my computer data due to a bad virus. This is the reason why I now
use Linux as my standard operating system ;-)

I tried to download the same pics again clicking the thumbnails but to most of the pics the server
sends a "not found" answer - probably of security reasons.
One of my most valuable treasures seemed to have gone forever.
Since then I searched many websites for the pics but found none (one has them but also only thumbnailed).

Is there anyone here at this board who still has these pics saved on his or her harddrive and would be so genaerous
to share them with me?
Iīd be so happy if you did!
In return, I can offer to share my experiences (and pics) of my trips to the base border in 1999 and 2000.

Oh yes: I also tried to contact the webmaster of the above site and asked him the same question but I never
got an answer to my question. I donīt know why - he might have his reasons.

I am looking forward to your answer and I hope that some of you still actually do own these pics.

Thanks so much in advance,

Olaf

Attached link: http://www.fas.org/irp/overhead/groom.htm

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]