Re: Mig 29s to Israel

Message posted by JoenTX on October 01, 2009 at 20:50:19 PST:

Have to agree with Chris.

I don't see what big advantage this gives the Israelis. They should certainly already have all of the relavent tech/performance info on the aircraft considering that it's far from an unknown aircraft today. As the German, the Poles, the Czechs......the USAF. I'm sure they could tell Israel all they want to know about it.

As for using in an actual raid....why? The F-15I/-16I are more capable and modern aircraft fully integrated with the weapons and avionics of the IDF-AF. The Migs would not be and just exactly what kind of training in the Migs have the Israelis undertaken? How have they modified the Migs to handle Israeli arsenal weapons? The Israelis did fly some surrended Mig-21s in the 1970s but thats a different animal and completely seperated from the Mig-29.

Make a very risky air raid stretching the limits of the IDF-AF even trickier by involving the use of hastily acquired foreign aircraft with limited training and questionable ability to successfully use the weapons and communications for which it has never used? I don't get that at all.

In Reply to: Mig 29s to Israel posted by writer on September 30, 2009 at 13:27:55 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]