Happy Birthday, Dreamland Resort

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on October 01, 2009 at 13:37:23 PST:

It seems hard to believe, but it has been ten years to the day today that the Dreamland Resort web site went online. It started as a few pages with the results of my own field research around Area 51, and, thanks to our many contributors, very quickly became the leading source for information around Area 51 and Black Projects.

I have learned a lot in those ten years, about Area 51, but also about how to run an interactive web site, and I could not have done it without the help and support from our many regulars, from the Dreamland Resort team members and content contributors and most of all from our moderator Hank! So, this anniversary is a good occasion for a heart-felt "Thank you all for your support!" and thank you, Hank, for doing such an awesome job as a moderator!

There are still a few rough spots, but for the most part I think that my vision of this web site becoming a tool for those interested in Area 51 to share information and thoughts has worked out quite well. It is an ongoing project, and who knows what discoveries and surprises the next ten years will bring?

For now, I look forward to meeting some of you next week Wednesday and Thursday at the Roadrunners event at the Test Site Museum here in Las Vegas. Please see our News section for the schedule.

Again, thank you all for your continued support, and for helping Dreamland Resort to grow and to celebrate its 10th birthday today.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]