UFO over Dreamland

Message posted by cerealkiller on September 29, 2009 at 16:31:11 PST:

I was on a flight Sunday evening (9/27/09)from Chicago to San Jose, California. I had a window seat facing south. From the time left in the flight I knew we had to be over Nevada and I also knew the large orange glow of the metropolis far off to the southwest on the horizon had to be Las Vegas. It was around 8:30 pm.

I was casually staring out the window and saw a fairly large lighted patch of ground area with no other lights anywhere within miles about 20-30 miles to the south of our plane. Based on where we were and seeing Las Vegas off in the distance I wondered if I was seeing Area 51 out my window.

Suddenly a perfectly round pure white ball came straight down from above at high speed in the vicinity of the lighted up area off to the south. There was no "tail", no orange glow of maybe a meteor heading towards the ground. I've seen meteors before and one time coming down within a few miles of my house, trailing flames behind it.

The "ball" shot towards the earth, then suddenly it was gone. No impact, no change of direction, nothing. Just disappeared completely.

Right now we're approaching a full moon so I could also see the moon off in the sky. The size of the "ball" looked to be maybe a quarter the size the moon appeared to be. I have no idea how that would relate in actual diameter for something 20-30 miles away. It happened so fast.

I sat there in shock and looked around to see if anyone else had seen this. If they did no one said anything. When I got home my wife said I should have reported it to the flight attendant. My response was "What could they do about it?"

It's something I saw that was not normal and for sure no meteor.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]