Re: DON"T FEAR THE POSTER

Message posted by Matthew Ruch on September 20, 2009 at 21:08:23 PST:

With all due respect to your visions, I for one am very glad that this forum is NOT a place "used to exchange valuable data and ideas for supporting our troops, veterans, and defense workers, maybe even to save their lives."

It is also the lack of acceptance of any real debate on politics, or aliens or any other government cover-ups that makes THIS forum unique, as Joerg says, go do a GIS and you will find millions of places where you can do that.

The fact that the forum is self policing is interesting to say the least as it shows that there is a critical mass here to keep things on point...

All that said, there is nothing wrong with people believing in conspiracy or disinformation, that is what keeps the general flow of ideas and discussion in society as a whole going.

The problem with those sorts of things in a setting as specialized as this one, is that while there are tons of onlookers who are hobbyists, the core people that you are hoping to influence with your views are highly educated, highly skilled people with a lot of experience and thus are going to be very skeptical of information from the relative fringe.

So from your perspective, where you have worked on the most exotic aircraft of that era, and mine where I have worked in the stealth world, we both know that what the government says, and what reality is are sometimes two very different things.

It is how we choose to react to those things that makes the difference.

You see the possibility of you and your coworkers possibly being exposed to XYZ matieral as being wrong and scandalous.

I view the fact that me and my fellow crew chiefs being exposed to materials that were much more deadly than those you referenced as just part of doing business in the highly advanced technical world.

To me, it appears that is how most people here look at such things, that these are the prices we pay to be on the cutting technological edge, and to do anything that would impede our ability to progress and remain there is treasonous.

Andre did have it completely correct, the most valuable people who post are those who flesh out peoples ideas with fact and experience, or help sort out somebody who is unsure if what they believe is fact or fiction.

As you are somebody who worked in a very unique program, not only one that is unique, but also from relatively long ago. You can be particularly valuable helping people sort fact from fiction. While a lot of documents from the -71 have been declassified, people don't always know what to make of it, and that is where a first hand perspective from the inside would be more than worth its weight in gold.

In Reply to: Re: DON"T FEAR THE POSTER posted by habu-e6 on September 20, 2009 at 20:11:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]