Re: Groom Lake road dirt

Message posted by Gregos on September 20, 2009 at 11:54:58 PST:

If you are saying you want to reach across the boundary, to take a sample, well, technically you are then violating the border. The cammos will be on the hill above you watching with binoculars. I'm sure they will consider it crossing the line just like in football when the ball breaks the plane, it's still a touchdown!

I did a really foolish thing in Febuary during a Red Flag while hanging out with Joerg. He was driving and I was looking at some electronic gizmo and was not really paying attention to where we actually were. We had just visited the backgate and I thought we were a few miles away. Joerg pulled over at another gate near the backgate. On the other side were some 55 gallon drums of Aircraft Fire Fighting Foam. I reached across the fence to give one a shake to see if it was empty. Joerg was like "That's not a good idea, don't do that!" To my horror, I turned my head and saw we were only about a mile North of the Rachel Gate. The guard shack there has that high power camera mounted on about 30 foot mast. Luckily for me and my bank account, the cammo dudes didn't see my stupidity or just didn't feel like leaving the warmth of the guard shack! Lucky me -that could have cost me a $1200 ticket!

Don't break the plane dude, it's not worth it. Especially for just a gram of dirt!!!

In Reply to: Re: Groom Lake road dirt posted by DaveR on September 19, 2009 at 23:39:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]