Re: Geocaching

Message posted by Gregos on September 20, 2009 at 10:43:03 PST:

I'm not really into geocaching that much. If I'm planning a trip out to the Rachel area etc, I will download any in the vicinity and if I pass them on the way, I'll try to find it. I just hiked up a hill in the Mormon Mountains and there was one near the summit. I found it but it was so small for even a log book to sign.

The one I planted on top of Coyote Summit in April 2008, I named "Red Flag." I filled it with all really good Air Force swag. A bunch of stuff I got at the Nellis Airshow like a F-22 pin, Red Flag poker chip, a few Space Shuttle patches and stickers, etc. By the end of the summer someone plundered all the good loot including the log book. Funny thing is they left the container! Wouldn't be easier to just put the entire container into you knapsack???

I also did one right outside the JANET terminal, but that one got stolen within a week! Maybe by the security staff?

Since I painted this new one up to look like a "Black Box," I think someone is going to pinch it fairly quickly. That's why I asked for suggestions. I would like to put it a difficult location. If I do place it near an actual crash, I WILL NOT post it on www.geocaching.com

In Reply to: Re: Geocaching posted by TheSkunkWorks on September 19, 2009 at 19:13:07 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]