Geocaching

Message posted by Gregos on September 19, 2009 at 17:31:33 PST:

I was a little bored the other day and was cleaning out some of the junk in the garage. I found a few ammo cans and decided to maybe make a cammo geocache for my next trip up to Area 51. Then I decided to make it look like a "Black Box." I think it came out pretty good!

Now my problem is where to put it. I own the one called Red Flag on the hill at Coyote Summit:
N 37° 34.013, W 115° 40.182

Since it's of a Flight Data Recorder Motif, I'd like to put it at a crash site. However, If I do that, the site will no doubt be picked clean by people who don't respect the crash sites.

I thought about Delamar Dry Lake as an X-15 made an emergency Landing there in 1966. Then Maybe out on Mud Lake where an X-15 actually crashed on November 9, 1962. I never been out to Mud Lake but that would give me a reason to explore. There is no wreckage and the pilot / astronaut walked away.

Anybody have any other suggestions? Please remember, I don't want to put it where people can deface historical artifacts, etc. But I want it to be a cool trip as well!

Thanks!

Attached link: X-15 Crash - Mud Lake, NV

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]