Re: What if... (Semi OT)

Message posted by habu-e6 on September 16, 2009 at 21:22:59 PST:

GOOD QUESTION, Just in case someone is thinking of doing such a thing.

Sounds like a good way to get vaporized by a Hellfire missile or a least shot. I'm sure it would depend on how far away you were also. They recently arrested some guys for pointing a laser at an aircraft in CA. (google it) yes it is against the law.

My Grandson is ranger deployed to the desert as a medic with the Airborne Long Range Surveillance unit. Lasers are exactly what they use to guide in various weapons and missiles. Using a Laser on a military facility is definitely considered a threat.

When I was a kid back in the early 60's they shot two teenagers for trespassing on the nuke storage facility in Concord CA. The 19 year old Marine guard said he thought the sticks they were carrying were weapons.

As far as the RC plane goes they could probably track down your signal and pinpoint your location.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you want a nervous kid with a twitching finger on the the trigger of an M-4 pointing at your head.

If anyone is interested learning reconnaissance and surveillance they should learn how to do it by the best. If you can qualify join the Army and get into a LRS unit. Check out the link.

Attached link: LRS

In Reply to: What if... (Semi OT) posted by werD on September 16, 2009 at 19:43:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]