What if... (Semi OT)

Message posted by werD on September 16, 2009 at 19:43:06 PST:

Okay, so I get annoyed by the "wouldn't it be sweet to watch the government blow up my RC plane before I spent some hard time in jail" threads too... but someone asked me a question we haven't gotten to-

Do you think the cammos or anyone would do anything about a medium-to-high powered laser pointed at the base?

I feel like it's inevitable that someone will try it at some point or another, considering how easy it is to get ahold of handheld lasers >50 mW. At commercial airports they're now apparently deploying systems that track the origin of beams, since a few people have attempted to disrupt air traffic this way.

How much of a high powered beam would make it through all that desert dust? Would the cammos care? Is there a law that makes this sort of thing illegal?

I'll make it clear- I'm not planning on doing this, and I don't think anyone should... but I would love to hear more from those who have a better idea about the nuances of cammo personality and some of the stranger things that have been attempted at the border.

OR, you could ignore this if it's just too annoying to think about! No sarcasm there, I don't want to OT the board to death here.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]