Re: Crossing the border

Message posted by Robert on September 08, 2009 at 10:48:25 PST:

The guy on the ATV didn't pose any threat. He was just a dork. Probably a local kid. It might have been a case of "picking and choosing" your battles. At the time, the "cammo dudes" had been using some pretty aggressive tactics. They were commonly harassing people on Groom Lake Road and other BLM areas. The helicopter was flying way too low and harassing people on occasion. I think the video came out around the time the "cammo dudes" began taking a much more low key approach to security. And who knows, the video is very short. There might be a Lincoln County Sheriff Deputy waiting at the beginning of Groom Lake Road! Doubt the Cammo Dudes are going to chase off after a kid on an ATV. They might as well let the Sheriff Deputy deal with that. In June I saw any elderly couple pass the signs by about a car length. He slammed on his breaks when he realized what he had done and reversed the car quickly. The Cammo Dudes didn't do anything. I guess they have some descretion.

In Reply to: Crossing the border posted by Markolaaa on September 07, 2009 at 12:49:54 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]