Re: The stealth blimp

Message posted by habu-e6 on August 18, 2009 at 12:42:19 PST:

"The Stealth Blimp"
I live in a remote location in the Plumas National Forest, Aerial Recon Testing Area for high altitude training sorties.
My neighbors who live about five miles further out. Told me they were sitting on their deck enjoying the bright evening stars.
Then all of a sudden, they heard this tremendous noise of air rushing from above the tree covered hills behind them and to their surprise this gigantic air ship came directly overhead and completely block out the stars above. They said it seemed to be moving very fast for an object of it size. They were sure it was something from out of this World because they could not fathom anything this large taking to the skies. They couldn't believe what they saw and they were convinced they were going nuts.
I showed them artist renditions of DARPA's ISIS, the new high altitude recon blimp and they said that was exactly what they had seen.
Most people don't know that this was the sort of thing that Kelly Johnson and his Skunk Works team had in mind during the 1950's. The only problem was that technology had not caught up with their ideas. But now, they have the technology. If you want to read more and see some artist renditions of these gigantic air ships check out this link> http://mach3ti.blogspot.com/

Attached link: Raytheon Concept Vehicle

In Reply to: Re: The stealth blimp posted by stealth_master on August 18, 2009 at 11:44:12 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]