Re: TR-3

Message posted by JSR on July 29, 2009 at 21:01:41 PST:

I happen to have a home in the mountains just east of the cajon pass. There is a region of the SBNF called Miller Canyon. Several years ago, a medium-sized black triangular craft with square exhaust ducts on the underside crested the treeline on Brentwood Dr. If I had to characterize it, I would have to say, based on the ambient noise level, that the craft was a sort of triangular-shaped VTOL. The craft banked at the street lights on Brentwood and headed straight for Strawberry Peak which is both a fire lookout and comm installation. We heard the craft a number of times in Miller Canyon but never caught another glimpse of it. Perhaps 3-4 years ago, it was commonplace for this craft to make its miller canyon run weeknights at roughly 9:00PM based on testimonials from my neighbor's son. This thing sure as hell was not quiet but had the true triangular planform of the rumored TR-3 laser-mapper plane that was said to spot targets for 117s. Since Helendale is right across the 15, it could have been anything....even a junker that got scrapped. Who knows.

In Reply to: TR-3 posted by Moonlighter on July 27, 2009 at 22:20:31 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]