Re: Track is no mystery

Message posted by Ron on July 25, 2009 at 11:00:24 PST:

As one the "lucky" AF types who has to PT test--now twice a year--I agree that it is a running track. It sounds insane to build a track at a Top Secret facility just to test folks--Officers are included BTW. We are testing folks IN Iraq at Balad where they just might get hit by a mortar, rocket, or RPG. Tracks have to meet standards including measured length, composition, etc so you couldn't do tests on a dirt road. With the security at the base, I'm guessing that running the perimeter or on an inactive flight-line like we used to do at Goodfellow is not encouraged. The loop may be for those who prefer to run a fixed number of laps--like me--for psychological reasons while the long version is for those who don't like running in circles. Testing personnel at work Mon-Fri avoids bringing them in on weekends or off days to take a test. I'm sure their are people who would--or have--filed an IG complaint about that happening.

In Reply to: Track is no mystery posted by Peter Merlin on July 22, 2009 at 13:52:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]