Re: Track is no mystery

Message posted by Robert on July 24, 2009 at 10:11:40 PST:

I can only speak for myself, but the problem I am having with the track is that it looks totally insane. Why not just do the small part and have the joggers run around it. I have been on plenty of military bases and never seen anything like it. For anybody to look at that and conclude that it is for jogging would surprise me. Are more Air Force enlisted on the base now? I am not sure what the make up of the workers are, but the people getting on the bus and the JANET planes surely are not spending a lot of time jogging in the middle of the desert. Are there enough enlisted airman to justify such a large track? No way! It must have some multiple purpose. I can understand the first small loop for the airmen to practice and keep in shape for the PFT, but the other parts don't make any sense, unless it is to keep joggers from jogging in areas they are not supposed to be in. Why not just jog around the small loop more times if you are in to distance running. I guess there are a lot of distance runners stationed at Groom Lake who need a large track! Sounds wacky to me! I guess they could use the road right near the track for some distance running. I doubt there is enough traffic on that road to disturb the distance runners!

In Reply to: Re: Track is no mystery posted by Peter Merlin on July 24, 2009 at 9:20:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]