Re: Track is no mystery

Message posted by Robert on July 22, 2009 at 14:32:28 PST:

I thought the theories and guesses from the forum readers were pretty good. After my time in the military, the only thing laughable is the continued waste of money and resources. A simple standard track would have done just fine at these bases or a simple dirt trail. I often see members of the Air Force jogging along the fence line at Creech. There are plenty of places to jog. I can understand making a specific place at Groom. You certainly wouldn't want people running all around the place. Seems like a standard 1/4 mile track would do just fine. Run around it 12 times for the standard Military Physical Fitness test! That makes me wonder how many enlisted Air Force members are stationed at Groom and need to do a yearly PT test or is it simply for recreational uses? How many workers or "cammo dudes" want to run around the desert in the hot summer if they don't have to. I wonder if the "cammo dudes" can even us the rec. facilities and bar at Groom? Maybe not!

In Reply to: Track is no mystery posted by Peter Merlin on July 22, 2009 at 13:52:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]