Re: Shouldn't we be more advanced?

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on July 10, 2009 at 9:12:51 PST:

We should separate what is a black project from what is an Air Force project. For example if the Raptor was a black project we would not know anything about it or even know of it's existence. The multiple different projects and research initiatives that take place at Groom are top secret. The funding is obscure. These projects may never even show up in the white world. I believe pretty much everything that is done at Groom is outside of the normal Air Force. In other words it's all NRO, CIA, and a host of other secret government agencies. The NRO operated for years in secret so it is possible that there are organizations that operate in this manner. Anyways my point is that there should be a distinction between what is the known leading technology of the day and what it being done at Groom. Just because research is cutting edge doesn't escalate it to Groom. Is there a replacement for the SR-71 or the F-117? We won't know until they reveal it. These guys are really good at hiding what they do. The work at Groom can also be the development of small follow on/upgrade devices/equipment or sustaining efforts on secret projects already completed. There may be many ongoing multigenerational open ended research efforts. The Air Force doesn't treat Groom as one of it's research or test centers and that's probably because it isn't. It's a black compartment for black research. Note: This is just my opinion and my apologies if I sound like a pompous know it all.

In Reply to: Re: Shouldn't we be more advanced? posted by nj on July 09, 2009 at 22:52:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]