Re: 3rd Reich Stealth Plane Docu. (slight OT)

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on July 09, 2009 at 9:25:09 PST:

Being a aeronautical fan boy I enjoyed the Natgeo show from an entertainment aspect. I think the German's were many years away from building a 6 engine jet bomber that could fly across the Atlantic and attack NYC or DC. The actual prototye fighter was very advanced but was nowhere near entering service. They said that one of the prototypes was captured and brought back to the U.S. It would be interesting to find out the history there. It was very interesting to see the prototype built from the old plans and tested on the RCS pole. It was clear that they didn't want to go into the RCS results in detail. This may have been due to time constraints but more likely the RCS guys didn't want to put themselves or their test practices into the spotlight. I also don't think the radar evading qualities were as important at the time as speed, payload, and range were. Anyways I think it was great to watch them build and test the thing. I have included a link that has some pictures. Please note, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the accompanying story.

Attached link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1198112/Sleek-swift-deadly--Hitlers-stealth-bomber-turned-tide-Britain.html

In Reply to: Re: 3rd Reich Stealth Plane Docu. (slight OT) posted by werD on July 09, 2009 at 8:10:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]