Re: Bothered by (race track) urban test track

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on July 07, 2009 at 13:14:23 PST:

I also don't believe the track is recreational as I believe pretty much everything being built there these past few years is for test purposes or in support of testing. I am pretty sure that all work being done at Groom is top secret or black project work. I suspect the basic reason for the test track is to provide a continuous driving circuit where a vehicle can drive in a constant orbit without actually going anywhere on the base. The reason for this is most likely they don't want a vehicle being used in a test scenario driving around the base possibly observing or interfering with other projects. The base may even prohibit traffic during night time test periods. It is possible that they may be testing military or covert ground vehicles that work with UAV's in close support that need to be constantly moving in order to cover lots of ground or to avoid being suspicious. Perhaps a stealth vehicle. Another possibility is the launch and recovery of very small UAV's from a moving covert vehicle. The track is right near the tall tower. I can't image building a recreational park right next to a 155 ft tall 30 ft wide rotating microwave radar tower. Of course I could be guilty of over thinking it. If so we should be seeing skateboard ramps under construction soon.

In Reply to: Bothered by (race track) urban test track posted by Robert on July 07, 2009 at 12:16:41 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]