Re: Layers of security

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 23, 2009 at 10:57:46 PST:

I agree, there is no evidence for another guard post along GL Rd past the outer Guard House. However, four layers of security can be seen from public land, or on Google Earth: The road sensors (a slightly upgraded version of which is still in use), the cammo truck on the hill, the guard shack about a mile inside the perimeter and the 15-mile drive from the Guard shack to the main base.

The sensors alert security of an approaching vehicle. A security truck is dispatched to the hill right by the signs. It will stop most vehicles as soon as they cross the line, before they even get close to the guard shack. If the intruder is fast enough to out-run them, a vehicle will be dispatched from the guard shack to intercept them. If the intruder uses an armored vehicle, or for some other reason manages to get past the guard shack, he is still looking at a 15-mile drive. Plenty of time for base security to dispatch vehicles, or even aircraft, if needed.

Plus, and I have no evidence to back this up other than common sense, I would bet that there are some surprises along the way that would put an end to the journey of our curious friend real fast.

In Reply to: Re: Layers of security posted by Keith on May 23, 2009 at 9:50:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]