Re: Spirit and Raptor photos

Message posted by JoeinTX on May 22, 2009 at 22:32:14 PST:

I'll add a little further.

I was one, who for the longest time, disliked Carter's decision to cancel the B-1A. But when you stand back and look that the scenario of the time........B-1A was late 1960's ideas costing a great deal to execute......while much newer tech was fully under development and proving successful what would you do? While the B-1A was siphoning money away from a truly breaking and advanced stealth strategic program bearing serious fruit that only needed extra money, wouldn't you do the same?

I would. Imagine a world today where the -1A was ended, all money toward it and the -1B were shifted toward the B-2. We could be sitting here today with a fleet of 232 B-2s (as planned at the time) replacing all B-52s and FBs. Wouldn't we all be hootin' and hollering about that today?

So, my point is that numbers aren't everything.......cancellations aren't always bad things.....and that a decade can change the perspectives involved.

Further, you can't blame Obama or Democrats here.......the current Administration is largely maintaining the Bush Admin's defense plans throughout. Gates is still asserting himself and I think correctly so as we move along. End F-22.......can the POTUS chopper....etc. Nothing wrong with any of it so far as I can tell.

In Reply to: Re: Spirit and Raptor photos posted by JoeinTX on May 22, 2009 at 22:15:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]