Re: Just Hype (OT confirmed)

Message posted by werD on May 17, 2009 at 13:37:13 PST:

A quick google search for "May 25" reveals that the internet rumor mill has likely turned a commercial for a special feature on the History Channel into "proof" that a huge release of information is about to happen.

There are two separate press releases for two different shows coming up, one of them is a show about the Maya 2012 end-of-time prediction, and the other (the most likely to be what the ad is about), a new early-human-relative fossil that has been discovered and been under-wraps for some time. The assumption and/or association between the 25th and UFO stuff comes from a threat that some UFO person has given to the government, saying he's going to release major evidence of UFOs by the end of may if the government doesn't do it first. The two events are entirely mutually exclusive of one another, as far as I can tell.

There is no evidence that anything on the history channel has anything to do with U.S. government black project, or groom lake/area 51. There isn't even evidence that this has anything to do with UFOs.

In other words... this is definitely an off-topic conversation for this forum. I'm not a mod here, but I'd just assume it's time to find another venue for the debate, since there's no real reason to believe the building publicity stunt is in any way relevant to the interests of forum members here.

It IS however, a great example of how the UFO-interested community isn't necessarily fueled by real evidence of anything. Two barely-coinciding events have effectively been fused into one, with absolutely no credible evidence warranting a connection between the two.

No need to rant any further on this, just thought I'd share my findings with the forum as it might save further time-wasting following this thread.

In Reply to: Just Hype posted by Nimrod on May 16, 2009 at 20:49:30 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]