New Janet

Message posted by jsoergel on April 17, 2009 at 18:50:35 PST:

Hi all, I'm the one who's provided the info on the two most recent 737s (N859WP and N273RH) and as they pass through Wright-Patterson. I'm more interested in planespotting than anything, but I figured that I might as well pass on my info for you all. I've been talking directly to Joerg until now, but I feel bad for making him relay everything! Anyway, on to the good stuff:

N273RH is airborne as of 9 PM EST, currently in a left-hand orbit at 3000 ft., just south of the base. They did three thirty-second radio checks on Victor [VHF] 1, 2, and 3 They also likely did Uniform [UHF] checks, but I'm using my VHF-only scanner at the moment. Currently, they're testing the cockpit systems (TCAS, weather radar, altimeter, etc.).

All transmissions have been on the pilot-to-dispatcher frequency of 122.850 MHz, but without my good scanner, I'm only hearing the aircraft transmissions. I would guess that they're almost done with the checks, and will soon activate a flight plan to Vegas...I'll post again once I have more information.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]