Re: What goes on at hanger 19?

Message posted by Gregos on April 03, 2009 at 16:08:16 PST:

No comment on the paint markings Boss, but since you bought up why the base needs weapons mounted I'd like to comment: I would imagine most of the testing going on out there mainly involves avionics, aerodynamics and electronics, but if it was an offensive platform they are testing, they would definitely need to arm it up and test it out. If it's a black project what better a place to do that then Groom? Even if they flew it out to another location, they would still need a hanger and explosive storage -right?

My question is, in one of my late night insomnia induced Google Earth views of the base, I came across what appears to be bomb craters very close to Groom Lake Road:
37° 16.517'N / 115° 45.304'W

I can't think of anything else it could be. Any thoughts? And if they are indeed bomb craters, one and a half miles from the road, surprises me. I know that's a huge amount of distance for today's "smart bombs," but thank you very much, I'll enter from back gate!

In Reply to: Re: What goes on at hanger 19? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 03, 2009 at 8:19:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]