NV Aerospace Hall of Fame

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 31, 2009 at 22:17:28 PST:

Attached is a link to the web site of the newly founded Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame. NVAHOF is a nonprofit organization, founded by Roadrunner President T.D. Barnes and NNSA scientific advisor Robert Friedrichs, to educate the public and to honor aerospace accomplishments of the aviation pioneers at Area 51 and other locations in Nevada.

NVAHOF is still in the founding stages, and the web site is a work in progress. But my good friend, Roadrunners President and NVAHOF co-founder T.D. Barnes, gave me green light to post this introduction.

I am very excited to share this with our readers, and to see these pioneers, who had to keep quiet about their work and accomplishments for so long, finally honored appropriately. Thank you, T.D., for allowing me to share this with our readers, and the best of luck! It will be an honor to help out in whichever way we can.

From the NVAHOF Mission statement:

"The Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame is a non-profit, educational institution dedicated to preserving the legacy of the men and women who pioneered aerospace within the State of Nevada. The Corporation, Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame, Inc., establishes and maintains an ongoing means of honoring individuals who have contributed in a significant manner to the development, advancement and promotion of aerospace in the Battle Born State of Nevada, or elsewhere. NVAHOF also honors individuals who were not native to Nevada, but whose careers enhanced the aerospace climate worldwide as well as in space. The mission of NVAHOF is unique as it especially recognizes and honors the men and women, CIA, Air Force, and civilian, who worked in secrecy at Groom Lake, the Nevada Test Site, the NASA High Range, Tonopah Test Range, Nellis AFB, Creech AFB, the Fallon Air Station, Stead AFB, and related sites in the state of Nevada."

Attached link: Nevada Aerospace Hall of Fame

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]