Mysterious lights over Groom Lake

Message posted by Robert on March 05, 2009 at 9:33:04 PST:

I took some friends out to Rachel to check out Red Flag exercises and to get an Alien Burger on Tuesday evening. We were out at approximately 10:30pm between Rachel and the Back Gate. We only had one visit from the Cammo Dudes. They drove up to us, took a quick look and left. Looking towards Area 51, we noticed a faint light rising, then getting brighter, and then zig zagging left to right and going a little higher or lower and then completely going out. At it's brightest it looked like a normal flare. We saw this happen 3 times. Nothing really noticable on the video camera or digital cameras because we are guessing it was actually taking place quite far away. I am guessing it had absolutely nothing to do with Groom Lake and it was some sort of flare from the exercises of Red Flag. It just looked curious because it appeared to be coming up from Area 51 (I am sure that is just because of our angle where we were viewing from.) But, I am thinking that would put the activity more towards the NTS? I don't know anything about flares and am only wondering if anybody has seen something similar. I am sure somebody on this site has. Any info would be great! thanks. Also, great sonic booms and incredibly fast movers all night long over Rachel!!!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]