Re: White Bus - NSA

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on February 19, 2009 at 7:48:47 PST:

Groom lake has traditionally been a test, development, and proving ground for covert spy assets (NRO, CIA, black customer). A black customer is an agency that has it's name overwritten in black in all documents so no-one can tell who they are. I believe there is an AF test wing (experimental aircraft) there and that they do have AF security, however I believe the AF only hosts the base operations and that most of what is done there is done under the direction of an intelligence directive. This could be CIA, NRO, or a small slew of other intelligence directives. NSA does with computers/networks/communications what A51 does with aircraft. They have the most advanced and powerful supercomputer(s) in the world. They are in charge of insuring that state secrets stay secret and that security policies are observed. This doesn't mean that they know specifically what is done at Groom Lake but it does mean that they are most likely the ones mandated with the task of keeping it secret from the communications side and most likely from the document control and asset control side. Every secret project has a trove of secret documents that need to be registered, cataloged, and access controlled. They do the background check on everyone, but they are not the only ones who do this. If you go for a super high clearance level you will have your background checked by several to many different organizations. Anyways, while there are surely many different watchers on this forum my guess would be that most eventually feed into NSA. This is just my opinion, and things are always changing. I hope that posting to this forum hasn't killed my chances of working for either DARPA or the AFRL.

I have always believed that if you want to know what goes on at Groom Lake you need to look at what is being done in the research wings/labs of major universities, defense contractors, and think tanks. Look at what is being done and then extrapolate out. Just walking into downtown Groom Lake won't reveal anything more than a small air base where everyone is staring at you. From my experience you can walk through any research installation and look at the whiteboards, lab setups, and the prototypes and without an education and some experience you will not even begin to understand what you are looking at. My point is that just getting into Groom would only create more questions, hype, ignorance, and no-one is going to believe you.

In Reply to: Re: White Bus - NSA posted by T1 on February 18, 2009 at 19:11:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]