I need your help again.

Message posted by Nelson on February 09, 2009 at 11:17:03 PST:

You guys were a godsend when I had to identify that "flying wing," thanks to you I was able to keep two rational people from becoming conspiracy minded about something very ordinary, a horizontal stabilizer. Well, I know this isn't really about area 51, but I have a feeling that you are going to be very interested. Just to complicate things, it has to do with flying wings, I feel like the boy who cried wolf. I don't dare show these photos to my two friends yet, not until I have a rational explanation, this time they'd take one look and go right off the deep end.
I was looking at the Lockheed Martin facility, Fort Worth Naval Air Station, and I saw this.
[IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9586/flyingwingatfortworthyd3.jpg[/IMG]
Yes, I know, it's impossible. I just stayed up all night checking he historical record. There were thirteen YB-35's built. Two were destroyed. Two were converted into YB-49's, they were destroyed. One was converted into the EB-35B, it was destroyed. One was converted into the YRB-49A, it was destroyed. The remaining seven were being converted into YB35-B's, but they were all ordered scrapped by the government.
So I studied and measured and compared, all night. This thing is partiay dismanted, and the engines are gone, but the airframe is unmistakable. The wingspan is exactly one hundred and forty two feet, but as you can see the wingtips are missing. The YB-35 had a wingspan of one hundred seventy two feet. All the other dimensions match as well. If you look at the site using Google earth and run the time scale backwards, the plane was there until 2005, it doesn't show on current aerial images. Here's a photo from wikipedia of the YB-35, I can't find any feature that doesn't match.
[IMG]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3217/xb35wikipediaam1.jpg[/IMG]
I am hoping you can ride to the rescue again. Is it actually possible that Kelly Martin defied the government and somehow managed to secretly preserve one of his beloved flying wings? Is this just a mockup, or something mundane I can laugh about, oris this really what it seems to be? Help!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]