F-15D #85-0131

Message posted by Gregos on February 06, 2009 at 22:58:00 PST:

I just got back from camping for a few days at Coyote Summit for Red Flag. After the morning exercises, I took time to visit three of the crash sites around Rachel. Today before coming home I revisited the F-15D site near Cedar Gate. I knew from the summer that they cleaned it up almost entirely, but I wanted to see if the desert completely consumed it . And it still bugs me that the photo of 85-0131 is tan cammo and all the debris was green. Yes, the sand is covering it up now but there are still a lot of visible shards of aluminum all about. I walked around for 45 minutes in the sleet looking at bits. I was going to take a green piece and have Joerg forward it to Pete for his input. Then I found a tan piece! Four to be exact! Case closed, problem solved. There is no piece bigger than those in this photo. While walking the impact sight someone sonic boomed me real close by. It sounded like a shot gun blast right behind my head. I nearly crapped my pants! Then about 20 seconds later another -awesome! Due to the poor weather I have no idea what they were...

Gregos

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]