Re: "Last manned fighter..."

Message posted by gary on August 22, 2001 at 1:20:07 PST:

Revelations that the DOD put tracking devices in their anti-missile tests makes me skeptical of military test ballons.

I recall in Bosnia they were attacking Predator with helicopters and small arms. It reminds me of the Vietnamese putting buckets of urine in tree to attract and defeat the Honeywell "people sniffers" that would automatically drop napalm.

UAV's need a few more generations of development before we get to the point where the Thunderbirds are a bunch of pudgy guys with remote control airplanes.

All this high tech talk is due to Rumsfeld. They way it is going, his control over the DOD is decreasing on a daily basis. Just a month ago he mandated that another round of base closures were needed. Now you don't hear much about this, mostly because they can't dump that many people into an economy which hasn't seen unemployment levels this high for about 8 years.

Rumsfeld's latest revelation is he will create "missions", then let the DOD spend the money as they fit to meet these missions. I'll give that plan a month before something new is announced.

In Reply to: "Last manned fighter..." posted by Magoo on August 21, 2001 at 23:27:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]