Re: What help can you expect on Groom Lake Road?

Message posted by osphoto on November 19, 2008 at 19:43:47 PST:

I believe the rules are different from state to state. Not all states have a "good samaritan" law. The camo dudes are not "civilians" so if you could prove they knew about the situation and did nothing about it and the party was negatively affected by the lack of action you would have a case. A simple phone call for help would relieve them from any action against them. As a civilian you have to be carefull, depending on your state you could be held liable for rendering aid if it negatively affects the victim, no matter how unintentional. If your not trained, your not trained. The lack of assistance usually applies more in the commission of a crime. Say you watch your friend batter another person causing severe bodily injury or death and you stand there and don't call 911 to get an ambulance, you have now linked yourself to the crime. I'm no lawyer, but have spent the last twenty years doing forensic photography along side law enforcement and being the first one to stop and help. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached link: Mass Good Samaritan Law

In Reply to: Re: What help can you expect on Groom Lake Road? posted by ben on November 19, 2008 at 17:45:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]