Re: Legal question re: trespassing near GLR

Message posted by Anonymous on November 10, 2008 at 9:25:52 PST:

Hmmm...I wonder what possible motive you think I could have for misrepresenting myself?

For the record, UFOs and alien conspiracies are not my thing. I was in central Nevada out of an interest in GEOLOGY (Great Basin NP, Lunar Crater Volcanic Field, Cathedral Gorge, etc...). The only reason I explored the area around Groom Lake Road was because when I went to check into the Little Ale-Inn, the owner/manager was completely distracted by a car fire just outside on the highway, and I thought I'd kill some time and come back after everything was calmed down. Did I notice on the map that Nellis Air Force Base was nearby? Of course, but silly me for thinking that straying across the border would be prevented by a barbed wire fence and guard shacks, like it is with every other military base in the country...

As far as knowing the lingo, one of the security guards who detained me referred to himself as a cammo dude, and he was the one who recommended I check out this website to learn more about where I was.

At least you all have answered my original question. If I receive so little sympathy from the people I would expect to be the most sympathetic, I have no chance of successfully arguing my case in court, regardless of how absurd the circumstances were. I'll cut my losses, pay the fine, and never ever return to Lincoln County NV. Thanks.

In Reply to: Re: Legal question re: trespassing near GLR posted by ben on November 09, 2008 at 0:49:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]