Re: OT: Rachel Prison Update

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on September 07, 2008 at 10:49:44 PST:

Thanks Bob. It is even worse: Toreson is selling the land for $16.5k PER ACRE. Which, as I pointed out to him in the meeting, is 10 times the going rate in Rachel, let alone way out there in the fields. In an email on January 2, 2001, when he first approached me with plans to sell the land (for residential use only at that time), he told me that he bought the land for about $2k per acre (way too much, IMHO). A nice profit, though, IF he could sell the land for what he is asking. But, not surprisingly, he has not sold a thing. The only properties that have been sold out there were sold before he even bought the land.

As I pointed out in the meeting, if he would sell the land for residential use at a fair price, he would not have to come up with all these schemes (he had many diferent plans for commercial use of the land over the years). He bought way too high, and now he is trying to make his problem ours. It is about time that we show him that that is not how things here in Rachel work...

In Reply to: Re: OT: Rachel Prison Update posted by BobM on September 07, 2008 at 8:43:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]