Re: OT: Disaster in Lincoln County

Message posted by Robert on August 24, 2008 at 22:20:01 PST:

You have to see Rachel to believe it. There isn't anybody living in or near Rachel that would want a Prison down the road. People that live in Rachel have dropped out of the "rat race". It takes a special type of person to live in Rachel. The desert there is beautiful. I personally would hate to see what makes that area so beautiful ruined. Lincoln Estates was never going to sell. Everybody knew that! I hope the owner of the land does not get away with building a prison there. I am on summer vacation from work and I plan on going to the county commission meeting to voice my opinion. I hope to see others that enjoy the area try to make it out there. I still can't believe that it would even be a good idea for a prison. There is absolutely NOTHING nearby. Dollars and cents don't add up. I can't possible see how it would be worth it to build out there. There are plenty of prisons outside Las Vegas maybe 20-30 minutes from town. A short drive outside of town I understand, near Rachel makes no sense! See you at the meeting!!!

In Reply to: Re: OT: Disaster in Lincoln County posted by JoeinTX on August 24, 2008 at 20:23:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]