Re: What happens inside?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on August 05, 2008 at 9:29:12 PST:

I doubt that they will swallow Tikaboo any time soon. For three reasons: First, it would draw a lot of public attention to the base, admitting that there is something worth guarding going on. Second, you really can't see any detail from there. Even with good optics, I find it difficult to impossible to identify a KNOWN aircraft type sitting on the ramp at Groom from there. Let alone seeing any significant features of a new design. Third, unlike Freedom Ridge and White Sides, Tikaboo is not connected to the restricted area. Enforcing a restriction would be very difficult. The base is visible from many locations around Tikaboo Peak, although not as good as from the peak. You would have to grab a good chunk of the mountain range to prevent people from taking a peek from here. And yes, there are other view spots on public land. None of them as good and easily accessible as Tikaboo, though. So, I hope we will be hauling our scopes up to Tikaboo Peak for a long time to come.

In Reply to: Re: What happens inside? posted by Jaz on August 05, 2008 at 9:04:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]