Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51

Message posted by neonsky on July 17, 2008 at 15:09:42 PST:

As a serious UFO researcher, Black Project aficionado, and down right bonkers over Red Flag activities, a few caveats are in order for Dreamland viewers.
Before I retired as Chief of Detectives from a Police Department back in R.I., on many occasions I was thrust into the position of having to be interviewed by TV news people and local reporters. When I had to do this, I tried to demonstrate the facts as they were known to me. I soon came to learn that it was not always the case. Journalists, in all their various guises, always come to you with a game plan, never with a blank slate, and they may never reveal to you what there intentions really are or may be, until it is too late.
I have researched the UFO phenomena for over 40 yrs, and until retiring from active research a few years ago, I also had the opportunity to be interviewed on radio and TV. Again, I found very few journalists who were objective, or at least middle of the road. I, and many others, found that the giggle factor as we call it, most always prevails in such
endeavors. I just suck it up knowing that I have done the research, and they have not.
I respect Joerg’s efforts to isolate or insulate this web site from connotations of the giggle factor, yet on the other hand I don’t find it surprising that new comers to this site are looking for UFO information. There are many reasons for this.
New generations of viewers are coming onto the web, asking questions, wanting to know what is real and what isn’t. Very few want to do the due diligence it takes to really gather the facts and make an informed opinion. They just want a quick fix. They’ll come here, take a look around, not find what they want, maybe ask a question or two, and then leave. There are hundreds of other sites that can satiate their curiosity. Others might still stick around, like myself, and enjoy the other side of the mystique of Area 51, the Black Projects.
On the other hand, Area 51 is inextricably involved with the concept of UFOs, real or not. I would find it strange indeed, if new comers to this site, didn’t ask those questions.
Don’t expect anything less from journalists. Even if you are convinced that they will play the interview straight, they have editors and executive producers who might think otherwise. When the final cut hits the floor, many times it is unrecognizable from the original intent.
If you succeed in getting one or two points across, hopefully, the viewing audience can be discerning enough to recognize the disparity, and intelligently separate fact from fiction.
I suspect Joerg, that as long as you host this site you will be getting more and more requests for interviews regarding Area 51. The information age is just getting started.
Many people, and I mean many, believe that our technology has increased exponentially beyond the capacity of the human mind to conceive and create what it has, and that other worldly intervention may have occurred. Right or wrong, those feelings are there, and Area 51 is a focal point. And no wishful thinking will make it go away.
One last issue. I hold this web site in the highest regard. I only ask that the viewers are also treated in that high regard. I personally feel that the term “UFO NUT” should be permanently banned from this site. I doubt if it ever will, but it is a bone of contention with me. It is not professional, and summarily dismisses people without regard to who they are, what they know, and unknown possibilities as to what they can or may contribute. It presupposes that their belief in the existence of other intelligences in the universe mandates that they must be individuals of low intelligence and could not have anything of worth to contribute to Dreamland’s site. Nothing could be further from the truth. Research has proven that the higher the quality of the sighting, the higher the intelligence factor of the witness.
I do not consider myself a UFO Nut, no more than John Q Public thinks people on this site should be doing something more with their life than chasing air planes. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Law Enforcement. At one time I was an expert in forensic
investigations, i.e., fingerprinting, photography, crime scenes. I established the B.C.I. or
Bureau of Criminal Investigations, the precursor to modern day C.S.I. I have forgotten more about investigating than probably 90% of viewers will ever know. It just bugs me
when a viewer asks an innocent question, and is at times, denigrated for his/her curiosity. That is not the way to get new people interested in this site. Besides, it should just as well be recognized, more than half of the viewers/regulars who come here, have had a sighting that could be considered an unidentified flying object. They just don’t talk about it.
I find myself so much richer in life’s experience because I am willing to explore all possibilities as to who and what we are, and where we are going in our personal sojourn.
I hope my thoughts are taken in the spirit of camaraderie that I think we all share on Dreamland’s web site.
I am sitting at my computer, looking out my window at the skies over Nellis AFB, just a couple of miles away. The gathering of jets has begun, as they assemble for the next Red Flag. Soon the games will begin.
I have climbed White Sides and Freedom Ridge several times before the Air Forced seized the land beneath. Area 51 is alive and well.
I have spent many weeks, and I hope many more, visiting Rachel during the Red Flag events. If you see a big 5th wheel RV behind the Inn, or in the parking lot of Coyote Pass,
stop and say hello, I’m sure we’ll have a lot to talk about.
And finally, a big thanks to Joerg for the hard work keeping Dreamland Resort the dynamic web site it has become.
Please feel free to contact me off line with any in depth comments you may have.

…Alan

In Reply to: Re: Fox News Sean Hannity story about Area 51 posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on July 17, 2008 at 0:06:09 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]