John Lear comments about F-19?

Message posted by Robert on July 15, 2008 at 9:47:29 PST:

Does anybody have any more info. I am wondering if this project was at Groom Lake??? These quotes are from a posting John Lear made a few years back:

"As it took time to correct the problem almost the whole fleet which had already been produced had to be stored. The storage area was the 2 large square hangars just south of the F-117A hangars at the Tonopah Test Range. In 1984 Gen. Bond was invited to fly the F-19. On April 26, 1984 Gen. Bond suited up (allegedly at Groom Lake) and took off for the first of 2 flights."
John Lear continues:
"As far as I know many of the F-19’s are still in use. I have 3 artists’ rendition of the F-19 on the wall in my den. The reason I have them there is because occasionally a guest will look at the pictures and ask if I know what it is. My answer is always, "Do you?" In that manner I have obtained 3 additional sources to the existence of the F-19.

Other sources I have for the existence of the F-19 include a gentleman who worked on the F-19 assembly line, a Lockheed test pilot (he did not fly the F-19, but knew about it) and a Navy Seal Team member who saw one on an aircraft carrier where they are deployed. One day I will write the whole story."

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]