Re: New 2008 image of Yucca<---<<

Message posted by T Davis on June 27, 2008 at 14:29:30 PST:

"Previously contractors would buy/lease facilities at Groom for pet projects,..."

That's the first I've heard of this concept...a contractor leasing facilities at Groom for their own secret projects. I suppose I've always assumed anything happening at the base was related to some Air Force (or at least government) sponsored project. I know this sort of thing goes on frequently at other government facilities, including the NTS (which makes sense with the new Yucca Flats runway & facilities).

Does anyone have any more information about this sort of thing at Groom, either currently or in the past? Any examples? Could an aerospace contractor theoretically (and this is a gross oversimplification, so don't flame me) go to the USAF and/or EG&G and say, "We have a secret project we need to test, can we use part of the Groom Lake base for $X million dollars per year?", and they say "Sure, use hangar Y, and don't look at anyone else's stuff."??

And, theoretically, would it have to be aerospace-related, or could other top-secret private projects be housed there?

In Reply to: Re: New 2008 image of Yucca <---<< posted by quellish on June 26, 2008 at 23:52:18 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]