Re: Just have to ask this.

Message posted by JoeinTX on May 30, 2008 at 21:30:45 PST:

On the recent trip I remember having analog roam coverage a good way up into the valley where it finally played out short of Alamo. That actually surprised me.

Modern cell towers.....in good weather....limited interference....limited useage....and with a well receiving device with good battery power....15 miles is exceptional. You can have geographic features that might add and aid in the signal reflection but I'm not certain about the Rachel/Groom area. In this respect cellular transmissions aren't terribly unlike TV signals where they can bounce over distance and terrain where you have the house in a valley that gets good reception and the next house on a hill that gets poor service which would work against general common sense.

If you are an iDen customer.......you're pretty much out of luck outside of your coverage area. CDMA/TDMA customer in the "wild" has a hope of some type of coverage even in the Rachel area.

In Reply to: Re: Just have to ask this. posted by Rico on May 30, 2008 at 20:34:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]