Google Earth Mystery

Message posted by Snoogans on May 28, 2008 at 4:41:22 PST:

Hi guys - I'm hoping that you may be able to solve this little puzzle, and maybe put my mind at rest!

Like many people, I like to explore Google Earth, predominantly looking for interesting and unusual aircraft. I regularly "visit" USAF facilities to see if there have been any updates.
A couple of months back, (Not sure of the exact date), I was looking around as usual, when I found an interesting object at a USAF base.
Parked up were a couple of 707-sized aircraft (RC-135?), and beside them, a similarly-sized black equilateral triangular object.
My initial thoughts were that it must be some kind of building or servicing structure, because "it couldn't possibly be anything more exotic..."

Now here's my problem - Some time later, I decided that I would go back and take a screenshot, so I could post it on the Above Top Secret forum, asking if anyone knew what it was. Of course, I hadn't "flagged" the location, and now I can't find it...
I have have methodically searched all of the locations that I can think of, USAF bases around the world, including Groom lake and Palmdale, but to no avail. Although I do seem to remember that it was somewhere on the Eglin AFB in Florida.

What I'd like to know is -

Has anybody else seen this, or anything similar, and where?

Is there a "mundane" real-world piece of equipment that the USAF uses on their bases that is a large black triangle?

Is it remotely possible that I chanced upon one of the famous "Black Triangle" aircraft before it was "edited" out?

I have posed this question - to little response - on the ATS forum, but in truth I don't really want to press the matter too far on there.

I know I haven't given very much "proof", and I'm slightly concerned that I'll be dismissed as another nutcase, but I know what I saw, and I'm more than a little puzzled by it!

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]