Re: someone asking about Australia

Message posted by NoOne on April 01, 2008 at 20:55:28 PST:

“8000' nothing unusual in any case. runways like this all over the world. what I saw did not appear to be something a fully loaded b-52 with something like a d-21 setup (or the hypothetical successor to the SR-71 would likely use), to use.”

Exactly my point. It’s a municipal airport! Pine Gap is not now, has never been and will never be, some place where “a fully loaded b-52 with something like a d-21 setup (or the hypothetical successor to the SR-71” would likely ever be let alone use. It is too close to civilization, too easily observed and doesn’t have the geography. Not to mention the small inconvenience of not having a suitable airstrip.

“the facility I was looking at was at 23 31'15.30S 133 40'40.5E”

And just why would that be? The above location is part of an Australian developed over the horizon radar. Again nothing to do with an Area 51 type activity, nor where “a fully loaded b-52 with something like a d-21 setup” would ever be.

“Once I saw the whole pine gap area it looked pretty clear to me it wasn't some flight test center.”

That’s what we’ve been saying form the get go. It isn’t and nor is the facility at the above coordinates. Both are communication based facilities; granted perhaps some very special communications facilities but communications facilities none the less. That’s it. No secret alien base (unless American’s are classed as aliens by the good people of Alice Springs), no Area 51 type flight test activities, no massive underground base, just good old plain secret stuff that can be easily concealed inside a building. If it weren’t for the need to "see" satellites Pine Gap could, with possibly a couple of exceptions, be located in downtown Pittsburg.

NO?

In Reply to: Re: someone asking about Australia posted by psiuh88 on April 01, 2008 at 16:21:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]