Re: Has anyone considered approaching area 51 from the west?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 24, 2008 at 9:19:38 PST:

Ah, you caught me... ;-)
Well, lets see: There is Tikaboo Peak of course, 26 miles away. You have a partial view from Badger Mtn at about the same distance, but Tikaboo gets in the way. I believe Chuck mentioned a peak south of Tikaboo, which I have not tried. There are several peaks in the northern Pahranagat Range, north of the Powerlines Overlook, that have at least a partial view. The most obvious is Mt. Irish, 35 miles from the base. Then there is Reveille Peak and some surrounding lower peaks, as proven by some of the Interceptors. See our trip reports section. But you are almost 50 miles away here. Flat Top, near Queen City Summit, should have a partial view from 40 miles away. But every time I have been up there it was too hazy to verify this. There are a few areas around and below Mt.Charleston, but here you are looking at over 65 miles. And then there is that view spot that I won't talk about until I had a chance to explore it, hopefully later this summer. Stay tuned... ;-)

In Reply to: Re: Has anyone considered approaching area 51 from the west? posted by Chef Bud on March 24, 2008 at 9:00:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]