Re: Has anyone considered approaching area 51 from the west?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on March 24, 2008 at 8:14:22 PST:

Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread: There was a historian by the name of Jerry Freeman who claims to have done this. According to his story he hiked in on foot from the south-west side of the NTTR. I don't have a link, but if you google his name I am sure you will find a link to his story.

The NTTR, and in particular the land around Area 51, is secured by various types of sensors. As you correctly pointed out, these sensors can not only be found along the border, but also within the restricted area. The most common sensors are designed to detect moving masses of metal (vehicles) and heat signatures (IR). I would very strongly discourage anyone from ever trying this, but IMO a low-tech approach as you describe has the best chances of success. If you get caught, and I believe that you almost certainly would, you would likely spend a large portion of the rest of your lfe in prison for espionage. Freeman did his hike before 9/11. Today I am not sure he would have taken the risk. Absolutely not worth it, especially since you would likely not see much more than can be seen from Tikaboo and some other peaks.

In Reply to: Has anyone considered approaching area 51 from the west? posted by jackethorn on March 22, 2008 at 18:53:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]