Newstart here....

Message posted by JoeinTX on February 19, 2008 at 22:18:08 PST:

I've been haunting this and other Groom/Area 51 sites for years but have finally decided to jump into the fray.

I am finally contemplating a serious trip to the Rachel area this Spring so just looking for a few words of wisdom:

-Weekdays? They appear to better for catching traffic or sights in the area. Yes/no?

-A post below hit on the idea of "pooling" items for infrequent visitors to the area. I will be flying into L.V., renting a vehicle, and taking a day or two out the area. Gas cans.....fix-a-flat.....possible camping gear, etc......all things I would have to buy for one time use to make the trip. But then? Toss 'em in the dumpster behind the hotel before I drop the rental off unless I can find someone who can use them.

-Some people who visit the area don't seem to be very worried about the cammys so long as you stay on your side of the border. Others seem to be much more nervous about seeing these guys and jet when they arrive. The former seems the case from what you read.

-Personal safety. Especially if camping or spending extended periods of time in the area has anyone felt vulnerable to theft, assault or worse from others? For example, a trip to Tikaboo or Powerlines.........ever any worry about miscreants taking advantage of your situation?

Anyway, just a few questions for the more local visitors. Thanks in advance.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]