Has anyone here actually seen anything new?

Message posted by Roadeye on January 09, 2008 at 13:04:07 PST:

It's a simple question.
Afterall it has been a very long time since the U.S. has come out publically with anything really significant as far as black project aircraft are concerned and we know they have not at least admitted to a replacement for the U-2 and SR-71s.
The reason I'm asking is this.
I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to airplanes...I love them, particularly the military types.
And back in the early eighties I was visiting a friend who lives close to a large base on the north eastern side of Canada. Goose Bay...perhaps you've heard of it.
Anyway during the visit I happened to see an aircraft land on the main runway and quickly taxi into a guarded hanger.
It was similar in size to the SR-71 and color...flat black. I was some distance away so I couldn't see any markings.
Still although it was the same size roughly, it was much more rounded the wings appeared to be delta shaped with no sharp edges but curved tips. And they seemed to be molded along the length of the plane giving it a triangular shape.
The twin tails were angled sharply inward and the engines seemed to exhaust over the trailing edge of the delta wing. There were no horizontal tail surfaces.
Ever since that day I have been looking for pictures or some kind of image that even approached what it looked like, but aside from a few images that would have required serious stretching on my part to make what I saw conform to them...no luck, no mention, nothing whatsoever.
I was lucky enough to see it arrive and depart a short time later...like I said it went under wraps and under guard as soon as it stopped inside the hanger which was also closed while the plane was inside.
When it taxied out again and took off...what struck me was how quiet it was....it took off and then climbed nearly vertically out of sight making very little noise at all but moving very quickly and effortlessly indicating a lot of power.
When all of the furor erupted about the Aurora a few years later...I was excited thinking I would finally see what it was...but, no such luck.
I've never seen anything like it before...or since.
I can tell you that at the time Goose was hosting planes from the RAF, the USAF and the German airforce as well as those from our Canadian Forces.
I have no idea to this day what it was...or what it could be.
All I can tell you is that it was really fast, really quiet and really neat to look at.
Anybody got any idea what I may have seen?
It was late afternoon in September when I saw it...full daylight and clear blue skies.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]