Re: under 21 car rental

Message posted by brj on January 04, 2008 at 18:08:49 PST:

I recently rented a car from Enterprise. They asked if I was under 21 and when I asked why, they said it would cost more to rent if I was. Soooo, I bet you could rent a car. The problem is if you are from out of the country. What a rental car company wants is to be assured that the renter is safe and will return the car in good condition. Being a foreigner makes it harder to track you down if something happens.

May I suggest hiring someone to drive you there? Are you travelling with others or alone. If you are with others, is there someone who could rent a car? If you are staying at a fancier hotel in Vegas, you could check with the concierge on hiring a driver. Either way, it will cost you more than you may want to spend. And with the weather turning bad today, you may not see as much as you want.

Good luck and drive careful. The road to Rachel can get slick prior to plowing and there is not a lot of help for stranded tourists during the winter.

In Reply to: under 21 car rental posted by david on January 04, 2008 at 11:02:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]